Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Beer-Cheese Soup

jmcquown wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> > "jmcquown" > looking for trouble wrote in
> > :
> >
> >> I can't find my original recipe, but it's very much like this one
> >> from cooks.com. My comments as to what I remember doing

> differently
> >> are in brackets.
> >>
> >> Beer-Cheese Soup
> >>

> > For Gawd's sake, the entire recipe is in brackets Sounds good
> > though.
> >
> > Michael <- never follows a recipe anyway

> LOL! I know.... but I can't find mine and I'd make those
> adjustments. I
> don't want chunky veggies in beer-cheese soup no matter how soft they
> are.
> I'll probably try this with the cheese in flour thing rather than make
> the
> cheese sauce. Didn't get around to it today.

I seem to vaguley recall a base of chicken stock with dark beer, cheddar
cheese, mustard and worchestishire and thickened with flour? Sort of a
welsh rarebit soup? Just out of curiosity i googled beer+cheese+soup and
got lots of 'hits', the following has a wide variety of examples, with
everything from 'cheze whip' and various veggies versions to my vaguely
remembered version.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/230/0.shtml

I am very fond of a good strong French onion soup with lots of grated
swiss cheese.
---
JL