Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Default Beer-Cheese Soup

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "jmcquown" > looking for trouble wrote in

>>[Serve cheese soup with a crisp salad if desired and hot crusty bread,
>>or topped with crispy croutons.]
>>
>>Jill
>>

> For Gawd's sake, the entire recipe is in brackets Sounds good though.
>
> Michael <- never follows a recipe anyway

I made some broccoli cheese soup a couple of weeks ago by simmering
frozen broccoli in water until it was done, then (without draining)
chopped the broccoli and added some canned cheese sauce, dried minced
onion, a pinch of marjoram, and a little leftover rice for texture. (I
still haven't finished using up that big can of Nacho Cheeze Sauce I
bought at Sam's.) Brought the whole mess just to a simmer and served hot.

It was surprisingly good.

I'll bet something similar could be made for beer cheese soup without
having to make a roux, etc.

Best regards,
Bob