Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

Default Freezing coffee cake

"hutchndi" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello, I just made some homemade coffee cakes, recipes from king arthur
> flour, and I am trying to find out if they will be ok to freeze, and if
> so what is the best way to wrap them. I made them in 8 x 8 foil pans,
> OK to freeze them in the pans?

If it is a true cake (as opposed to a bread) then it should freeze quite
well. Bread freezes OK, but there is some loss of quality in my opinion.
Freezing it the foil pan would be a great idea. Just make sure to seal it
well to prevent freezer burn. Ideally, you would freeze it and then put it
in a bag and vacuum seal it with a Foodsaver or Seal-A-Meal. Otherwise,
wrap it well in plastic wrap (after it is cool), wrap again in foil, and put
it in a large freezer bag. Let it defrost while still wrapped to prevent
condensation forming on the cold cake.