Saerah

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

:

>> Peter Aitken wrote in message ...

>> "Hydrogenated

>>>top.
>>>healthy,
>>>it in
>>>and

>>>I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no
>>>added sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter
>>>with the oil on top is healthier.
>>>

>> the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt,
>> and the oil doesnt rise to the top.

>Both Smucker's and Laura Scudder's recommend stirring the contents of the
>jar after opening and then storing in the refrigerator. I haven't
>noticed a lot of separation with either brand, but there is some. When
>kept in the refrigerator, separation is prevented.

it wasn't separated when i bought it. since it has no preservatives, i worry
about it going rancid. which is why , now that it is opened, i keep it in
the fridge

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."