Default Is there a Heavy Dough mixer?

Dan Levy > wrote:

> Or, will the mixer head detach from the stand to use as hand mixer in larger
> bowl? Dunno about Kitchenaid but my Mixmaster will. You could check garage
> and yard sales. If desperate you could try chucking a beater in a hand held
> electric drill, that would give you a fair amount of power.

Kitchenaids don't detach to use as a handheld, and it would be
too heavy for comfortable use even by someone who's wrists were in
good shape. In fact, I think a handheld mixer is probably a
bad idea in general for someone with wrist strength problems.

A bigger KA, or as you suggested, divide the batter into two
batches that will fit in the one she is using.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.