Old 27-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Saerah

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

Peter Aitken wrote in message ...
"Nancree" wrote in message
Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have

"Hydrogenated
fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.

You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

top.
(On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

healthy,
good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

it in
the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf,

and
give it a stir each time you use it.

Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no added
sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter with the oil
on top is healthier.

the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt, and the
oil doesnt rise to the top.

--
Peter Aitken