Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
EastneyEnder

Default Edamme & regular soy beans

Vicky Conlan wrote:
> .....Edamame is consumed as a snack, a vegetable dish, used in
> soups or processed into sweets. As a snack, the pods are lightly
> boiled in salted water, and then the seeds are squeezed directly from
> the pods into the mouth with the fingers.

They are delicious.

They don't seem to have caught on over here yet, but I had them 4 years ago
as a starter in a Japanese restaurant in New Orleans. I recently saw some
frozen ones for sale in my local Chinese supermarket and I am sorely tempted
to try them!

Sue
Portsmouth, UK
--
pen-drake location ntl-world-.-com minus hyphens.