Posted to rec.food.baking
jacqui{JB}

Default Powder Sugar...w/Cornstarch?

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
.. .

> Not all powdered sugar has cornstarch in it. That is
> particularly true in Europe.

It *is* particularly true in Denmark, where I can't get the damned stuff
without cornstarch (this is a major peeve, the lack of choice of staple
products). I can't determine whether it's the sugar itself which is somehow
more coarse or whether it's the cornstarch (where I'm placing my first bet)
that makes my uncooked frostings (butter, powdered sugar, flavoring) gritty.
But I haven't found a solution to it yet (beyond making a cooked-type
frosting, which I don't really want to do) and it really does irk me.

I wonder if it really is as simple as buying sugar in another country. :P
-j