Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

Default Life per se does not have a positive value

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:48:14 GMT, Leif Erikson > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>>You can feel good about a "decent" life as opposed to a
>>>painful life. You may not legitimately feel good about
>>>the animal living versus never living, which is what's
>>>always lurking behind your nonsense about "decent
>>>life".

>> That's all there is. An animal that would be born as a grass raised
>> steer isn't going to be born as a different kind of animal if it's not born
>> as a grass raised steer, for example.

>There is no moral good *to the animal* that results
>from it being born at all.

You can't comprehend how life could have positive value to
an animal, and probably not even to a human, so your supposed
opinion on the issue could not possibly be of any value. We know
that YOU/"ARAs" feel that life could never be of positive value for
animals raised for food, regardless of quality, so how could your
supposed opinion about the subject be worth anything, when you
have no understanding of how the issue could exist? Since you
can't comprehend how life could have positive value for any animals,
you certainly can't even attempt to think about which ones do and
which ones do not. You are not capable of forming any opinion
about it, much less considering any details regarding it. You are
admittedly a perfect example of having no clue at all. None.