Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Default I would like to convert from meat-eating diet to vegetarian.Anyone know of any good books, cookbooks?

Scented Nectar wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
>>know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
>>needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
>>vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
>>rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>>
>>Any help is greatly appreciated.

> As far as cookbooks, my site
> listed below has links to over
> 700 free veg recipe websites.

While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally improve
your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer. You will
consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
Weightlifters.

I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.