Darrell Grainger

Default Cherry Cake

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, JMayo wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a really good recipe for cherry cake, where the
> fruit is guaranteed not to sink to the bottom of the cake?

I don't have a recipe handy but here are some tips:

- Fruit preserved in syrup can slip through the batter. To prevent this
rinse the fruit and dry it thoroughly.
- Dust the fruit with flour before folding it into the batter. Just a fine
coating of flour a with help the fruit remain suspended in the batter.

If you have the oven at the right temperature (not too low) and have the
correct amount of leavening agent everything should work out okay. If it
still does not, get a good thermometer and make sure the oven temperature
is accurate.

Don't send e-mail to