Posted to rec.food.baking
Dave Bell

Default Self-rising flour VS flour

Vox Humana wrote:
>I keep chocolate chip, oatmeal, and
> tea cookies (sugar cookies) in the freezer also and bake them as needed. It
> is better than having three dozen cookies on the counter calling my name all
> night.

Yeah, I hear you there! We had some help, and I'm taking a dozen to a
friend this morning, but there aren't more then 5 or 6 left, otherwise.
I really like the idea of naking them up and freezing the "blanks".

I was particularly pleased with how these worked, because my usual
attempts at a simple cookie (other than shortbreads) end up a puddle of
butter and sugar. Part of the problem is surely the Spelt flour I use,
but that didn't affect the peanut butters...

Do your sugar cookies bake up similarly? I fondly remember the Tea Cakes
of a dear old Southern lady (my first baby sitter, far too long ago!).
She made them with brown sugar, as I recall, rolled thin and cut. Those
and a light, crisp sugar cookie would be real delights!

Dave