Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Dutch says " don't become a vegan" (was: vegetarians aren't hypocrites)

<dh@.> wrote
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:09:24 -0500, "larrylook" > wrote:
>

>>> I'm not worried about losing "moral bonus points", I'm telling you that
>>> none
>>> exist. Your position, The Logic of the Larder, says that humans can
>>> argue
>>> that raising animals for food is a "good thing" (a moral bonus) because
>>> all these animals "get to experience life". That idea must be discarded
>>> as
>>> corrupt.

>>This "get to experience life" thing is absurd and it's hard to believe
>>anyone believes in it!

> Billions of animals live because of people who eat meat. The task of
> my opponents has never been accomplished,

It's been accomplished a thousand times.

and it is: to explain why
> we should disregard the animals' lives, when considering human influence
> on animals.

We don't "disregard their lives", we just do not assign phantom moral
significance to them as you do.