Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt

Default 1975 Wines

In article . com>, steinau
says...

>Hi everybody,
>
>I'm looking for some 1975 wines and I have found only the following
>wines available (all german):
>
>Niersteiner Hipping Riesling Sp=E4tlese
>Niersteiner Patersberg Sp=E4tlese
>Mettenheimer Schlo=DFberg (Fritz Kleinknecht, Faberrebe Sp=E4tlese,
>Bodenheim - Rheinhessen)
>Riesling (A.P.Nr 4382 238 476, Freiherr von Maltz`lche Weinkellerei
>Walsrode, Niederemmel-Piesport, Mosel)
>Wei=DFwein Ruster Sp=E4tlese (Weinbaugebiet Burgenland, Ferdinand
>Pieroth)
>Wei=DFburgunder (Weinbaugebiet Burgenland, Ferdinand Pieroth)
>Gr=FCner Veltliner (Weinbaugebiet Burgenland, Ferdinand Pieroth)
>Rauenthaler Baiken Kabinett (Staatsweing=FCter Eltville)
>
>All wines seem to have been stored in cellars and they are still clear
>and not flaky. Can anyone with more experience suggest what would be a
>good wine (from the above) to open?
>
>Thanks,
>Max

Max,

Unfortunately, I do not know the above wines - but would LIKE to... Had a '76
Egon Mueller Auslese not that long ago, and it was probably the best Riesling
that I have ever tasted. I've been keeping several Germans from the 70's in
hopes that they will follow suit. Only caveat would be to allow these wines to
open up a bit in the glass. Don't judge any by "first whiff." Be prepared for
some major evolution, once poured. Be gentle and patient with them. Also,
please don't forget the TN's, when you do open them. Enjoy - but tell us all
about them.

Hunt