Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin

Default Cheap Darjeelings

"DPM" > writes:

> [...]
>
> I suggest you try to find second flush tea from estates like
> Makaibari , Margaret's Hope, Jungpana, Arya and Puttabong.
> Makaibari , in particular produces wonderful tea - I've bought them
> for years and never had a bad one. I'm guessing you live in Sweden
> from your domain; look for online vendors in Germany - they get some
> of the best Darjeeling on the market. If after trying Makaibari you
> still don't like it then you just don't like Darjeeling.

Sorry to make this quest a bit more arduous, but it really is possible
to get insipid tea under the Makaibari label. The Makaibari I bought
in a grocery store in a prosperous neighborhood in Calcutta late last
winter, with no flush or year information on the package, had nothing
that was unmistakably Darjeeling about it. It's quite possible,
though, that Makaibari keeps tea like this from the export market.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /