Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Leif Erikson

Default Life per se does not have a positive value

dh@. wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:32:29 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> But not for the animal, only for YOU? Is that right?

>>No, for the animal, and by association morally for the producer and the
>>consumer.

> So I can feel glad for you, and for me, that the animal got to experience
> a decent life, as long as I don't feel any pride for anyone for causing it to
> happen?

You can feel good about a "decent" life as opposed to a
painful life. You may not legitimately feel good about
the animal living versus never living, which is what's
always lurking behind your nonsense about "decent
life". You are not doing animals a good deed by
causing them to live in the first place.