Posted to rec.food.cooking
Spitzmaus

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

Stark wrote:

> I'd have them after dinner, unless dieting. Tart citrus is an appetite
> suppressant for me. One taste of a salad with grapefruit, meyer
> lemons, preserved lemons or pomegranite and I don't want my entree.

Can't remember if it suppressed my appetite, but when I was little, my
mother used to "drill" a hole in a lemon and insert a peppermint stick in
the hole. I'd slurp the lemon juice up through the peppermint stick,
straw-fashion; my goodness, that mix of tart citrus and mint was a thing of
beauty. And a great childhood memory to boot!

Spitz
--
"Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"