Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default How is working for Google different from working for Safeway?

This just occurred to me. Many years ago, my local "small store"
Safeway had a terrific meat department manager. He had his finger on
the pulse of his customers and provided them with what they wanted and
sales soared. As a reward, Safeway changed the criteria they had
given him to earn his *yearly* bonus (a measly amount for the
work).... and they transfered him out of the store, just to make sure
he didn't rise to the new level.

OTOH: my daughter told me last night that she'd not only gotten the
promotion she wanted (still below the "official" management level at
Google) AND she'd made 198% of her *quarterly* bonus.

Which company rewards their workers for busting their butts on the
job?

It amazes me that companies like Safeway can sustain business
practices like that and it confirms why many people hate their
employers/jobs.