Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kenneth

Default Venison

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:11:49 GMT, "= . . = (EastneyEnder)"
> wrote:

>We have a lot less deer than you do in the US - (I recall a trip in NW FL
>and counting about 20 live whitetails in under 2 hours... here you'd be
>lucky to see a wild deer once a week) - so I guess that just made it all the
>more special, especially as historically deer in England were reserved for
>the nobility and a peasant like me could have been hanged for joining in a
>roadkill feast...

Hi Sue,

For years, a friend who lived in a rural part of New York
State, had his name on the "road-kill list" of his police
department. They would give him a call, he'd pick up the
deer, and the following day, the meat was in his freezer.

That list fed us all for many a winter.

All the best,
--
Kenneth