Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,alt.support.diabetes,rec.food.cooking
Wayne Lundberg

Default Crock Pot Recipes ?

"TODD TAMANEND CLARK" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I just bought a beautiful new black and gray six quart
> crock pot, and now I need some new recipes to go
> with it.
>
> My favorite quisines are Mexican, seafood, and wild
> game.
>
> I don't eat beef, chicken, or pork for religious reasons,
> and like many Native Americans, I'm also limited by
> diabetes and lactose intolerance.
>
> Any suggestions?

Barbacoa. The crock pot was invented to replicate the deep hole dug in earth
and lined with rocks, then heated all day by burning mesquite and the like
so that in the evening a maguey leaf wrapped chunk of lamb, with a few
avocado leaves, salt and a touch of ground red chile (just a touch!) and put
for overnight cooking in the diminishing heat of the rocks. To take it out
steaming and deliciously flakeable chunks of meat into a hot tortilla,
spiced with just enough salsa... that is true heaven.

May you enjoy your crock pot! A wonderful, excellent, delightful method for
cooking game, lamb, kid, and Irish stews!

Wayne