Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,alt.support.diabetes,rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Default Crock Pot Recipes ?

Julie Bove wrote:

> "TODD TAMANEND CLARK" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> <snip>
>
>>Informing the newsgroups of what dairy products do
>>to my system would be more information than most
>>readers would want to know. Suffice it to say, Native
>>American digestive tracts evolved for thousands of
>>years without dairy products prior to the Spanish
>>conquistadores bringing cows to the Americas.

> I'm part Cherokee and also have lactose intolerance. But cheese doesn't
> bother me. Only milk. And then only if it is uncooked.

I'm of native ancestry as well and have lactose intolerance. Milk, milk
products like dried milk, and some cheeses are a huge problem. Other
cheeses are fine. Lactaid helps especially when eating out where hidden
milk finds its way into dishes. Milk can be hidden in sauces, gravies,
dressing, etc. What also helps is digestive enzymes. The one I'm
currently taking is by Swiss Natural Sources. It has full spectrum
activity containing protease, lipase, amylase, cellulase, and lactase.
Unlike lactaid that can be taken just prior to eating, the digestive
enzymes caplet is supposed to be taken 1/2 hr before eating. I carry
caplets of digestive enzymes with me for those times I know we will be
stopping for a meal and lactaid for those spur of the moment stops.