Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

Default used leather

> wrote in message
>
> I'm vegetarian, but am planning to try veganism to see if it
> helps
> a particular health problem, which I 've heard veganism can
> help.
> =================

Veganism is not a diet. It is a lifestyle. A religion. Diet is
no more, or less important than anything else in you life. Just
all wannabes, there are NO vegans on usenet.

> As for the leather thing, I buy used purses made of leather at
> thrift shop, but as for shoes.....man, the fake leather
> look-alike
> shoes cost a lot more. I don't buy the shoes used. I've seen
> the thinking that wearing it might inspire others to do the
> same,
> but I just think people will wear leather and etc. whether I
> do or
> not, so that part of it doesn't make much difference.

Veganism would say not to wear them, despite the fact that the
alternatives are products of the petro-chemical industry and
cause animals to die even far more brutal, inhumane deaths than
any slaughter house cow.

But then, logic was never involved in usenet wannbe vegans.
Afterall, they have their simple rule for their simple minds,
'eat no meat.'