Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

In article > ,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> back?

> am

> > > Nope, for me it's alcohol. I gave up a nicotine and actually <gasp!>
> > > cocaine habit with no problems, no looking back. Alcohol I need for

> daily
> > > survival. I discovered back in high school as the major smart geek,

> that if
> > > I drank, I acquired a sense of humor which, thusly, accrued friends. I
> > > don't leave home without it.
> > >
> > > kili <-----functional alcoholic and not ashamed of it
> > >

> > Wow.
> >
> > I'm glad to see I'm not alone... I tend to get bitchy with my nerves on
> > the ragged edge every time I try to give it up. I'm a much nicer person
> > if I allow myself to drink. ;-) Funny isn't it? The drug companies would
> > probably love to sell me something for that.
> >
> > Cheers dear! <clink>
> >
> > I do not, however, drink and drive, nor do I drink before going to
> > work...
> > --
> >

> I drink and walk! (I don't own a car.) You're not alone, Kat. I've been
> this way for years. Still able to manage, so I'm not worrying about it. I
> work, I maintain a household, I cook, I clean, I have all my teeth, I take
> my milk thistle, so who cares?
>
> kili

Exactly. ;-)
Once I quit obsessing about it, I found I quit overdoing it.

Funny isn't it?

Same thing worked with food addiction. ;-) I can now lose weight slowly,
but easily, as long as I can still enjoy what I eat and just give up
certain _types_ of food.

And get my ass to the gym. <lol>
--
Om.