Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:

back?

am

> > > I think giving up cigarettes will be harder than giving up alcohol.
> > > Nicotine is an extremely addictive substance!

> > Nope, for me it's alcohol. I gave up a nicotine and actually <gasp!>
> > cocaine habit with no problems, no looking back. Alcohol I need for

daily
> > survival. I discovered back in high school as the major smart geek,

that if
> > I drank, I acquired a sense of humor which, thusly, accrued friends. I
> > don't leave home without it.
> >
> > kili <-----functional alcoholic and not ashamed of it
> >

> Wow.
>
> I'm glad to see I'm not alone... I tend to get bitchy with my nerves on
> the ragged edge every time I try to give it up. I'm a much nicer person
> if I allow myself to drink. ;-) Funny isn't it? The drug companies would
> probably love to sell me something for that.
>
> Cheers dear! <clink>
>
> I do not, however, drink and drive, nor do I drink before going to
> work...
> --

I drink and walk! (I don't own a car.) You're not alone, Kat. I've been
this way for years. Still able to manage, so I'm not worrying about it. I
work, I maintain a household, I cook, I clean, I have all my teeth, I take
my milk thistle, so who cares?

kili