Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> "Arnold" > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
> > Anyone managed to give up cigarettes and alcohol and never looked back?
> >
> > If so, I would be interested to know the techniques you used, coz I am
> > struggling with 'will power'!

> The willpower will always be a struggle. I'm still fighting with tobacco
> addiction. I have pretty much quit but about once a week I find myself
> cheating. I quit by using the patch and Wellbutrin. Alcohol is another
> issue. I strongly suggest a 30 day inpatient treatment. I had been
> downing prescription meds and drinking on top of that for almost 2 years.
> I finally got to a breaking point emotionally. I checked into the place
> the entire month of June. It was the most relaxing, informative 30 days
> I've ever spent. I got to do a lot of horseback riding, biking and general
> healing. The food was lousy but nutritional. I got hooked on a board game
> called Rumy Cube. I still play with others that were in treatment the same
> time I was. All live in the Missouri area and we get together about once

> month. UGH... one of my rehab pals owns a chain of Ci Ci's Pizza Parlors.
> She has 4 of them. I don't have cravings for alcohol but now and then I
> really, really want some Vicodin. So far, so good. Cigarettes are a
> constant battle.
>
> Michael

I remember when you did that, Michael. Just keep up the no smoking. My
husband has recently quit and I don't hear any more hacking in the middle of
the night, thank God. It was awful. I still can't sleep with him because
of his snoring or his flailing, but at least he's not coughing! LOL

kili