Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ward Abbott

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:19:01 -0000, "Arnold" > wrote:

>Anyone managed to give up cigarettes and alcohol and never looked back?
>
>If so, I would be interested to know the techniques you used, coz I am
>struggling with 'will power'!

CHOOSE ONE addiction at a time. No one can do both at the same time.
My personal formula was to say, "I choose not to smoke". I didn't
deprive myself of anything.

You need to put this in the positive instead of saying....I can't have
a cigarette.

A little helper...no pepper, no spicy foods and change your behavior.
If you always had to have a cigarette while talking on the
phone....then it is time to go for a "healthy" walk.