Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW

Default TN: low expectations, some exceeded (Jaboulet, Long-Depaquit )

Emery,
you wrote:
""Yes, I meant to ask why such low expectations, too. I've found
Jaboulet to be generally reliable enough, in a negoc sort of way.
Certainly not at all old for a Cornas. Have you already been
disappointed by this one, Dale? "

I think Jaboulet's domaine wines (owned vineyards like the Crozes
Thalabert) can be quite good. And in some vintages (it's been
inconsistent lately) the Parallele 45 CdR can be a good
value.But......I've found their general basel level negociant wines to
pretty much suck (excuse the expression) in most vintages. That applies
to the Cornas, the Gigondas, the Vacqueyras, the St. Joseph. Far better
values out there for just a few dollars more.

There's also distressing bottle variation in some of their wines.

Just my opinion.