Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Vox Humana

Default cupcake liners

"Syssi" > wrote in message
news:wm3bf.9039$Ny6.5545@trnddc06...
> "Ranee Mueller" <
> <snip>
> >
> > I have preserved what you've written and heartily agree. There is
> > this notion, lately, that celebratory events aren't that big a deal.
> > Why make such a big deal about Christmas? It's just a day - we get
> > together and love each other all the time. We can get each other gifts
> > at any time. Well, sure, but it is nice to mark a celebration. Same
> > thing for weddings, anniversaries. Why make a big deal? Well, they are
> > big deals.
> >
> > There is a reason that the actual day of celebration is set for most
> > things. I mean, we could all celebrate our birthdays three months
> > later, without harming anyone, since it's just a day, but that day has
> > significance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ranee

> Well said Ranee!!! Wow, truly, you stated that so...ummm... perfectly!

Certainly the point I was making was NOT that it ISN'T a big deal. The
problem as I see it is that people spend WAY too much emotional energy and
more moony than they rationally should on the MECHANICS of the day and
completely forget about why they are celebrating. It is called subgoal
inversion. Brides become Broadway producers warring about sets, costumes,
music, lighting, advertising, etc., and often alienate people along the way.