Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen MacInerney

Default Big, fat chewy chocolate chip cookies?

> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 10626 Calories; 474g Fat

Wow. That's some cookie.

I started using oat flour for some of the flour years ago, and I like
not just the texture, but the taste. (I have a recipe in the next book
that comes out that's for oatmeal chocolate chippers; they're chewy,
but thin.) I cut the shortening b/c of the big trans fat thing;
besides, Mrs. Fields' cookies are great, and they don't use any
shortening! Sour cream might be an interesting twist, although I always
thought that would make them 'cakey'.

I didn't know about the sugar, though. Interesting; I would have
thought brown sugar would make them chewier.

Back to the kitchen for me!

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author