Jon Leipzig

Default USDA vets question agency's mad cow lab

"pearl" > wrote in messag

> <ahem>
> http://tinyurl.com/2mozq
> http://tinyurl.com/3yjod

OIC...you've been mad about cows for a good while....

> http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp...nwar120902.cfm

One of the sites I lost....thanx

> > While they use these OP's in the US, in the UK they used

skin-penetrating
> > form, gel, I think.
> > Also it was in a more concentrated dose than the US version.

> Didn't Purdey think that 'Phosmet', in particular, was implicated?

Yup. Don't know if it goes under a diff- name in the US, but in the UK it
was about 4x the strength of the powdered form in USA.

> > The British organic farmer/amateur scientist working on this OP theory

had
> > his house set afire twice (supposedly), also his lawyer & vet were

killed in
> > auto "accidents". His vet discovered he could dramatically relieve the
> > symptoms of MC in 30 minutes by administering the antidotes to nerve

gas.
> > (these OP's are derivatives of mustard gas)

> But the damage is done!

I wasn't sure if these "accidents" were true, but I just came across new
accounts from the UK verifying these events.

> >Bet you'll never see a demo of this on TV in the US.

> Nor Ireland. :

>>that 11 of the first 18 cases of CWD found in Wisconsin came from the

"super buck" area. >>http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/122002/cwd.html

Darn , I was raised in Wisc., never heard of this b-4..

> The thing is, as Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies _are_
> transmissible, doesn't that prove that there is some kind of infectious
> agent involved, (even though other factors such as organophosphate
> poisoning and excess manganese could certainly be contributory)?

other than these "rogue" prions, I don't think so.
If it's something in the feed, why have there been no outbreaks in all those
countries importing the same feed from the UK??

> Here's a recent piece about that;
> Mad Cow Disease/Kuru/CJD
> In The Fore Tribe 1-2-4
> http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html>http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html

Solves that riddle, I guess.

Interesting, I recall refs to "manganese madness" in areas of volcano
activity and/or manganese mines in various parts of the globe.
Might find it again, while looking for something else....