Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S

Default low expectations, some exceeded (Jaboulet, Long-Depaquit )

"DaleW" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hopes were even lower for the 1998 "Vaillons" Chablis 1er Cru (375). A
> half-bottle from a vintage with a mediocre rep.

Hi, Dale -

I hadn't known that 1998 was a poor-ish vintage for Chablis. I have tried a
couple of vineyard designated 1998 Chablisiennes and was pleased with them,
so maybe I got lucky. BTW, the 2002 regular bottling Chablisienne is on the
shelf here at Costco for ~$16. Nice, guilty pleasure wine for folks like
me - dyed in the wool California Chardonnay buffs. :^)

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com