Posted to alt.food.wine
griffinj

Default Starting a wine bar - need advice for restaurant supplies

Anders Tørneskog wrote:
> > skrev i melding
> oups.com...
> > I'm specifically looking for a source for glassware, but all my
> > commercial supplies are coming out with prices from $2-6 per glass,
> > which seems expensive to me.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a good source of quality wine glasses that would
> > come in under $2? I'm in San Antonio, Texas, by the way.
> >

> 2USD for a quality wine glass?
> I guess you may want to try IKEA and their 'Svalka' series - perfectly
> acceptable for tastings I've heard from professionals.
> hth
> Anders

I agree entirely with the IKEA recommendation. The Svalka comes in
both red and white glasses that cost around .50 per glass here in the
Northeast. ($3.00 for six). The IKEA website has them listed at 6
for $4.50. IMO, it's still a great value. The glasses hold 10 oz.

I've used these as my daily wine glasses for over 4 years and so far
only 2 glasses have been broken.

I'm not sure if there is an IKEA store near you in Texas, but it may be
worth a drive for you to stock up on the glasses.

They also have a glass that holds 19 oz, OPTIMAL, the cost for those is
around $2.00 each.

Here's the links to them on the IKEA website, with shortened URLs for
ease.
Link to red wine glasses: http://tinyurl.com/as65w
white glasses : http://tinyurl.com/dkc5v