Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Default It's amazing how in a Vegan group someone could hate a Doctorbecause he's a vegan

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>

> I disagree that it's obvious he loves animals. He resents that other
> people eat them. Like other AR activists, he doesn't care that some
> animals live and others die. His primary objection is that humans enjoy
> eating them, benefit from testing on them, etc. AR activists don't love
> animals so much as they really hate mankind. Their literature is filled
> with misanthropy.

I hardly agree with all of Peta's tactics. For example his Holocaust on
a plate with pictures of Jews in camps. I think Peta offends and chases
away many potential friends.

Certain research does make sense. Other's are cruel and unnecessary.

>> I would hope that wouldn't effect the integrity of his professional
>> publications.

> Keep hoping, and the rest of us will rely on our BS detectors. PCRM is
> an animal rights organization. It is not a professional organization
> despite its name. Their membership is overwhemingly (95%) non-scientific
> and entirely pro-AR. PCRM's work is advocacy, not scientific.

Generally, what I read in the PCRM is appealing. Can you identify
specifics, other than an agenda you disagree with.

> <...>

Bob