Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner

Default It's amazing how in a Vegan group someone could hate a Doctorbecause he's a vegan

usual suspect wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

I disagree that it's obvious he loves animals. He resents that other
people eat them. Like other AR activists, he doesn't care that some
animals live and others die. His primary objection is that humans enjoy
eating them, benefit from testing on them, etc. AR activists don't love
animals so much as they really hate mankind. Their literature is filled
with misanthropy.

I hardly agree with all of Peta's tactics. For example his Holocaust on
a plate with pictures of Jews in camps. I think Peta offends and chases
away many potential friends.

Certain research does make sense. Other's are cruel and unnecessary.

I would hope that wouldn't effect the integrity of his professional
publications.

Keep hoping, and the rest of us will rely on our BS detectors. PCRM is
an animal rights organization. It is not a professional organization
despite its name. Their membership is overwhemingly (95%) non-scientific
and entirely pro-AR. PCRM's work is advocacy, not scientific.

Generally, what I read in the PCRM is appealing. Can you identify
specifics, other than an agenda you disagree with.

Bob