Posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Default I'd like to ask a sensitive question

Skanky wrote:

>>>of

> long
>
>>>as

>>>the

> let

> promises

>>>can

> alliances

> feed

> Toronto

>>>yourself.

>>>How old are you

>>Too young (and smart) for you, you carless whore.

> Grow up.

That's very rich coming from an arrested-development pothead with
agoraphobia.

> For your gratuitous insults,

They're not gratuitous. They're spot-on.

> I will not answer the rest of this post.
> You blew it.

Is this supposed to be some kind of punishment, lol?

WRT your whining about blaming victims, consider this from USA TODAY
this morning:

Two months after Hurricane Katrina, hundreds of New Orleans
businesses are ready to resume normal operations, but it's not
water or wind damage that stands in their way. There's no one to
mind the store. New Orleans needs waiters, cooks, housekeepers,
dry cleaners, paralegals, cab drivers, doctors, nurses, ship
builders, oil workers and more.

The number of openings in New Orleans has more than tripled
since Katrina hit on Aug. 29. Before the storm, the state
Department of Labor averaged 708 job openings a month in Orleans
Parish; a recent check showed postings for about 2,500 jobs. And
that's just employers who have listed openings. Businesses large
and small are desperately seeking workers, and in many
industries, wages are rising....

Contractor Jose Garcia lost half of his workers and now pays
double to compete with $22-an-hour cleanup jobs. Restaurants
that used to pay the $5.15-an-hour minimum wage are offering $8
or more. And everyone is talking about the $6,000 bonus Burger
King will give anyone who signs on for a year.

Don Hutchinson, director of the Mayor's Office of Economic
Development, is excited about the wages. "Between the high
demand for employees and the amount that the Federal Emergency
Management Agency is paying workers, the wage rate across the
board is going up," he says. "The ultimate outcome we are
looking for is that we have a much larger middle class than
we've ever had before...."

[Woody] Oge sees one other problem. Evacuees "have been living
rent-free and eating free food through subsidies from FEMA and
the Red Cross," he says. "I think in many cases that grant money
needs to subside, to give people an incentive to come back."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...business_x.htm

So there ARE jobs, and they're paying very damn well. The problem is
that these people -- most of whom are destitute because they didn't plan
their lives well enough to take care of themselves BEFORE Katrina --
have no intention of returning OR of working.

In the meantime, the number of complaints about evacuees getting drunk
or acting obscene in public, not paying rent for their new apartments,
being involved in crimes (including murder of those assisting them),
spending voucher funds on lap dances and luxury handbags and lingerie,
etc., continue to rise.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/...e/13054132.htm
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...story2/3424792
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...fenders01.html
http://tinyurl.com/737xx
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4435
Etc.

We offered to help, but many of them won't even help themselves. No good
deed goes unpunished. Ever.