Posted to alt.food.vegan
C. James Strutz

Default Sauerkraut

"Barnacle Bill" > wrote in message
> On 2005-10-31, Taemon > wrote:
>> C. James Strutz wrote:

>>> I like sauerkraut with pierogies. Just heat 'em up together in a pan
>>> and you're ready to go. A little homemade apple sauce on the side is
>>> great.

>> We don't have those here :-( I'll think about it for a while. The
>> good thing about sauerkraut is, it stays good :-)
>>
>> T.
>>

> Bad thing about sauerkraut (for vegans) is that it is
> worthless without some kind of sausage...

I disagree. Sauerkraut is good by itself, without sausage or pierogies or
anything else. Maybe it's an acquired taste for some people - depends on the
individual I suppose.

Hmm, it occured to me that sauerkraut is used on a particular kind of
sandwich. Can't think of the name right now - it has corned beef,
sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing on rye bread. Maybe
invent a veg*nized version of it. Keep the rye bread and swiss (or use vegan
swiss if you prefer), add a thick slice of tomato, and dress it with hummus.
Something like that...