Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller

Default cupcake liners

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> It was a custom designed wedding cake, something a bit unusual that
> many years ago and quite appropriate for an outdoor wedding. The
> "ribbons" that led from the main part of the cake (which was in the
> shape of a garden party hat, remember) and to the lines of cupcakes
> were made of fondant. Those cupcakes were the delight of the children
> who attended.
>
> Of course it was "just a cake," but I daresay it was it was charming,
> much more personal than a common tiered wedding cake and damn tasty.
>
> Why would something like that be "too much" as opposed to some
> multi-tiered white extravaganza wedding cake that would have looked
> no different from anyone else's multi-tiered white extravaganza
> wedding cake and proven way too formal for an informal wedding set in
> a lush and lovely garden.
>
> This was not a Bridezilla indulgence, but a labor of love made by the
> bride's mother and two grandmothers, excellent bakers all, as well as
> fine decorators.
>
> There is nothing more wonderful than foods that are the result of fine
> skill and love and presented to family at a joyous event.

I have preserved what you've written and heartily agree. There is
this notion, lately, that celebratory events aren't that big a deal.
Why make such a big deal about Christmas? It's just a day - we get
together and love each other all the time. We can get each other gifts
at any time. Well, sure, but it is nice to mark a celebration. Same
thing for weddings, anniversaries. Why make a big deal? Well, they are
big deals.

There is a reason that the actual day of celebration is set for most
things. I mean, we could all celebrate our birthdays three months
later, without harming anyone, since it's just a day, but that day has
significance.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.