Posted to rec.food.baking
.

Default Mary Ann Cake recipe

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Dorothy Shannon wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for Mary Ann Cake. I have the pan - 50 years
> old - but have lost the recipe, which included vinegar!

Dorothy,

I did a quick search on www.google.ca and found a few results for "Mary
Ann Cake". Williams-Sonoma sells a Mary Ann Cake Pan. I figured if they
sell it they should have a recipe for it as well.

http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/sch/r...x=0&submit.y=0

The page has four recipes and a link to tips and techniques for the pan.

If you have your heart set on a recipe with vinegar you can search
http://www.foodreference.com or http://cake.allrecipes.com. The use of
vinegar is not that unusual. Sometimes you need something acidic to
balance things out. The vinegar will combine with other ingredients so you
will not taste the vinegar.