Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

Default How stupid I was to be chatting to a guest while cooking and carelessly deposit a heaped teaspoon of salt into the sauce instead of the 10 litres of simmering water, awaiting its pasta.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:16:46 GMT, Ward Abbott >
wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:14:18 -0700, sf >
>wrote:
>
>>That's just plain mean. She asked an honest question and prefaced it
>>with the reason why she needs to ask it.

>SHE OPENED the door and asked the question. Moral of the
>story....never ask a question that you don't want to hear the answer
>to. Yes...the truth can be painful at times.

You were replying to her posting style, not the query. This is, after
all, a cooking newsgroup, and questions about cooking are part of this
community's posts. You replied, quite unpleasantly:

> Were you expecting a random Usenet reader to interpret your ineptness?

Yes, up to a point, she *was* "expecting a random Usenet reader" to
reply to her question about accidental over-salting, which I believe
we all have done at one time or another, and has nothing to do with
"ineptness" and everything to do with inattention or carelessness.

>Take an honest look at the subject line....just endless blather when a
>four word subject line would be more appropriate.

You are complaining about a *header*??? So what? You really need to
up your meds if this is the sort of thing that aggravates you, aulde
son.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines