Posted to alt.food.vegan
Dave

Default It's amazing how in a Vegan group someone could hate a Doctor because he's a vegan

Beach Runner wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Beach Runner wrote:

> >>Yet they are published in peer reviewed journals, subject to the highest
> >>level of criticism.

> > Be that as it may, his views on nutrition are not entirely mainstream
> > and just happen to mesh perfectly with his ethics.

> He obviously is inspired. That doesn't negate the integrity of his
> work, or make it not worth considering.

His work may be worth considering if your career is in nutrition.
As a layman it is harder for me to determine the quality of a study
and it makes more sense to base my nutrition on a variety of sources
that don't give a one-sided account in favour of a diet they believe
people should follow on ethical, rather than health grounds.

I have read various leaflets on nutrition published by AR organisations
and they almost invariably leave the impression that they are more
concerned with persuading people to go vegan than promoting good health
for existing vegans. The UK vegan society website is the only exception
I can think of.

> Just as it has been published
> with other world class authors and researchers. Yes, he also writes in
> the free press.
>

> >>He also write to reach in the popular press.
> >>
> >>This is a vegan news group.

> > Does that mean sceptics are unwelcome?
> >

> Skepticism is always healthy and valuable.

Most but not all of the food I eat is vegan and I am opposed to the
way the majority of animals are farmed in the Western world. For people
without special dietary needs I don't believe it is necessary to
consume any animal produce but it seems to me that many vegans read
AR propoganda rather uncritically.