Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Default Deep fried byproduct

pix924 wrote:

> I would like to know what folks do with the grease left over from
> deep-frying.

It's not a petroleum distillate and is biodegradable. Don't put it into
a home compost pile, but dumping it on the ground away from the house
will be perfectly fine. It will probably attract critters, so a good
distance would be best.

It can be used around the homestead in lots of ways. As a surface polish
on flagstones, plant pots, decorative rocks, etc. Mix with animal feeds
for the winter (a little. The fat is nutritive and won't hurt them a
bit. Help them withstand the cold a little better.) Spray it on dusty
country driveways. Google for uses.

The point is that given the amount used in your fryer, it makes no sense
to go to any particular trouble to find odd ways to dispose of it. I
walk out my back door about 40 steps and I'm in the woods. Dump on the
ground. A month later, no indication that anything ever happened there.

Pastorio