Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Huebner

Default Deep fried byproduct

In article .com>,
says...

I very rarely deep fry but when I do it's in a pot, so I have to deal
with the grease immediately.

Usually I pour it through a filter (stainless steel strainer lined with
paper towel) into a tub and then freeze it.

If I want to get rid of it I let it get cold so it sets then scoop it
into a brown paper bag and it goes on the next rubbish fire. (you can
tell I use solid shortening for deep frying).

If I had a deep fryer for oil I'd do what I used to do when changing the
oil in my truck: take the waste oil to my local service station to be
sent off for re-refining. In this case I'd find a fast food joint that
were willing to put it in with their waste oil ...

Other alternative: a shallow grave? Small amounts into the pet food
(dogs, poultry - NOT ruminants).

-P.