Posted to rec.food.cooking
Carol Damsel Peterson

Default Question about frozen rhubarb

wrote:
> Not a big pie maker but I have some frozen rhubard. Do I need to thaw
> it out before putting it in a pie before it hits the oven? Thanks.

Not sure if you have a good recipe for the pie or not. If not, here is
the one that I use. It's fabulous, and you can add strawberries if
desired.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie

Recipe By amsel
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : pies-crusts

1 9 inch pie shell
1 rhubarb - to fill shell -- 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pint strawberries -- unsweetened

1. Fill 9-inch pie crust with rhubarb (and strawberries if desired).
2. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over fruit.
3. Bake 40-50 minutes; top with Meringue, and bake for additional 10
minutes.

Note: This will make a 10-inch pie, if the rhubarb is cut fine.

Source:
"Pat Zastera (Damsel's Mom)"

-