Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default Question about frozen rhubarb

On Fri 28 Oct 2005 04:38:39p, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Not a big pie maker but I have some frozen rhubard. Do I need to thaw
> it out before putting it in a pie before it hits the oven? Thanks.

Well, several comments on that. You don't really have to thaw it, although
you will probably have to adjust the baking time. Be prepared to shield the
crust from over-browning. The filling should be bubbling a bit when it's
done. When I've bought frozen rhubarb, I've found that the pieces were too
big for my liking. I let it partially thaw and then cut it in thinner slices
before mixing the filling.

HTH

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*