Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Arri London

Default cupcake liners

" wrote:

> Arri London wrote:
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > I've never heard of cupcake wedding cakes. At first I pictured
> > > building some kind of multi-layer thing with rings and rings of
> > > individual cupcakes! But I assume that is not it
> > > .
> > > Does anyone have links with pictures? Are they iced and decorated,
> > > individually, just on the top -- and hence the desire for nice-looking
> > > papers to cover the sides? Or, if no paper liners, then do you ice and
> > > decorate the sides as well? That sounds awfully labor-intensive to me.

> > Here's one illustration:
> >
> > http://www.gailwatsoncake.com/kit_cupcake.html
> >
> > They probably are labour intensive. But then any wedding cake would be.

> Thanks for the link. Never saw thet before. Oh my word! That really
> is very pricey! But I wonder if that is what the original poster was
> talking about. Teflon rings? I think s/he was talking about cupcake
> paper liners.

That price is just for the kit. Someone still needs to bake the
cupcakes.
The paper collars are a substitute for the ordinary cupcake liners.
Anything anyone cares to put on the cupcakes would work.

Personally I find cupcake wedding cakes just a touch downmarket despite
what Martha Stewart may think. But hey, they are certainly trendy right
now.

Have been to weddings with extremely large receptions. There weren't any
problems about serving the cake. Bride and Groom got the top layer; rest
was cut up and distributed very efficiently.