Posted to rec.food.cooking
pablo

Default fresh tuna

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

..

> Gimme a break... frozen ain't fresh, no matter how much you pretend...
> I seriously doubt they're passing off frozen for sushi in Japan... if
> so then this whole sushi mystique is BS.

*
Maybe so...
http://www.eurofish.dk/indexSub.php?...id=-2104039552

>On Lung Guyland fresh tuna is
> sold in every fish store and in nearly every stupidmarket... so is all
> other fish sold fresh caught, never frozen, in fact it's not easy to
> find frozen fish on Lung Guyland, unless you're talking Mrs. Pauls.
> But here in NY's Capitol district, just 150 miles inland, there's
> practically no fresh fish...

*
I live in a flyover state, and I never try to cook real seafood and seldom
order it in restaurants. If I ever travel to a coastal region, though, I
like to try the regional specialties. (The regional specialties where I
live are beef and pork.) I've only been to Lawn Guy Land once (Syosset) but
didn't have the opportunity to try seafood during my trip.

Pablo