Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Default How stupid I was to be chatting to a guest while cooking andcarelessly deposit a heaped teaspoon of salt into the sauce instead of the10 litres of simmering water, awaiting its pasta.

Peter wrote:
> How stupid I was to be chatting to a guest while cooking and
> carelessly deposit a heaped teaspoon of salt into the sauce instead
> of the 10 litres of simmering water, awaiting its pasta.
>
> Does the potato trick work effectively?

No. It doesn't. The potato absorbs a little water and carries however
much salt is dissolved in just that amount of water into itself.

> Sure, I used it and created a few very salty potatoes,

I'm afraid I don't believe you.

> but are there
> any better remedies for acute over salting?

Dilution. Period.

Pastorio