Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter

Default How stupid I was to be chatting to a guest while cooking and carelessly deposit a heaped teaspoon of salt into the sauce instead of the 10 litres of simmering water, awaiting its pasta.

How stupid I was to be chatting to a guest while cooking and
carelessly deposit a heaped teaspoon of salt into the sauce instead of
the 10 litres of simmering water, awaiting its pasta.

Does the potato trick work effectively? Sure, I used it and created a
few very salty potatoes, but are there any better remedies for acute
over salting?