Roberta

Default BOX CAKES

<RJ> wrote:

> If you're a box-cake user,
> is there anything you add to make it "special" ?
>
> ( I'm NOT gonna buy the $32 book )
>

> <rj>

I make a really good coconut cake using a white cake mix

Prepare a 2 layer white cake - do NOT remove from pans. Pour a can of
sweetened condensed milk over them (1/2 a can over each) Cover and
refrigerate over night. Next day do the same thing with a can of Coco
Lopez. On the third day you remove them from the pans (the hardest part
of the recipe) I drain off as much of the liquid as I can and then turn
the pans upside down on plates and just let the cake fall out.

I then frost it with *GASP* cool whip mixed with coconut... It's really
yummy - and not as gooey as it sounds like it will be

Roberta (in VA)