Default BOX CAKES

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:46:37 GMT, "David Rhodes" >
wrote:

>I have not tried this receipe but I did watch Paula Deen of the Food Network
>prepare it on Saturday and it looked wonderful and is very easy to prepare.
>
>Is It Really Better Than Sex? Cake
>
>1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
>1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
>1 1/3 cups sugar
>1 (3.4-ounce) box French vanilla pudding, plus ingredients to prepare
>1 1/2 cups heavy cream
>1 cup flaked, sweetened toasted coconut
>
>Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
>Prepare yellow cake mix as directed using a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan
>and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. While cake is baking, combine the pineapple
>and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat
>stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
>
>Remove cake from oven and using a fork, pierce holes into cake. Pour
>pineapple mixture over hot cake and set aside.
>
>Prepare pudding according to package directions. Spread pudding over cake
>and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Whip heavy cream and remaining
>sugar until stiff. Cover top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle toasted
>coconut on top.

I've made something similar ( Yum-Yum cake )

A yellow sheet-cake
Covered with a ( half-the-milk ) layer of pudding
Covered with a layer of drained crushed pineapple
Covered with about 2" of CoolWhip
( shredded coconut optional )

mmmmm........
The leftover cake ( if any ) keeps calling me from the fridge all night .

<rj>