Puester

Default BOX CAKES

<RJ> wrote:
> An insert in my Sunday paper caught my eye;
> "How to make elaborate cakes, using box-cake mix"
>
> The pictures had me drooling,
> but the price, ( 4 easy payments of $7.99 ) was a turn-off.
>
> If you're a box-cake user,
> is there anything you add to make it "special" ?
>
> ( I'm NOT gonna buy the $32 book )
>

> <rj>

I don't bake often, for health and weight reasons, but
I always make chocolate cakes with cold brewed coffee
instead of water. Yellow cake is improved by the
addition of finely grated orange or lemon rind.

Try the library for a cookbook titled "The Cake Mix Doctor".
The author has a huge number of suggestions.

gloria p